For a better listening experience, listen in Apple Podcasts or Stitcher.
This podcast post may contain affiliate links or links to sponsors of the SavingsAngel Show.
Hi! I’m Josh Elledge, the Chief Executive Angel of SavingsAngel.com and welcome to the SavingsAngel show! I’m podcasting to you LIVE! from FINCON: Where Money and Media Meet. You might ask yourselves what this has to do with consumer advocacy. And I’m here to tell you EVERYTHING! This is a community dedicated to bringing real-world and life-changing ideas of financial freedom and independence.
I am an extremely busy consumer expert, money-saving advocate, syndicated newspaper columnist, and the guy that turns digital entrepreneurs into media celebrities with UpMyInfluence.com. I love what I do and can’t wait to get going on today’s episode.
In order to help you save more, earn more and live more abundantly on today’s show I’ll be covering:
- What to buy in September
- How to see more in your local city and save some big money. $100
- The most important love letter you can give your family
- Be your own boss in the Healthcare industry
Why September May Be the Best Month to Buy…
September can be an amazing month to save. A good number of large and small goods go on sale and clearance. Nearly any of them could make ideal Christmas and birthday gifts. So get shopping now, and you keep more of your cash while easing your holiday budget later.
I’ve rounded up 10 things to shop and why September may be the best month to buy them.
- New vehicles. Dealerships have needed to make room for the new models coming in this month. They began last month but the sales continue throughout September. They are wheeling and dealing to move inventory (pun intended). Visit multiple dealerships and gather intel before choosing where to buy. Armed with information and pricing, you can have salespeople competing for your business. Carefully choose the right vehicle and the right dealership to score a 2019 model at a lower price than even some older models still on other lots. Check out my previous article about how to spot and avoid expensive new car extras at SavingsAngel.com.
- Mattresses and bedding. Just like Memorial Day, mattresses companies and retailers love to hold Labor Day sales. The good news is, these sales tend to last longer than just the extended weekend of Labor Day. They often go throughout the week, so you can still settle into a good deal and enjoy a better night’s sleep.
- Travel. September starts hurricane season as well as the shoulder season in many travel-worthy locations. That makes it bargain time for airfare, some accommodations, and even shows and tours. If you can get away in September, you can save a bundle.
- Summer outdoor items such as grills and patio furniture. The closer we get to October, the larger the discounts you’ll find on remaining stock. Plus, if you’re active military or a veteran, shopping stores like Lowe’s or Home Depot will save you an additional 10% off on top of clearance prices.
- Large appliances. Like cars, the new models come out in September so the old models need to get sold. Throughout the month, retailers will be dropping their prices. Don’t see the price you want to pay? Ask. You may be able to negotiate the deal you want if you’re seriously buying and not just browsing.
- Broadway and Off-Broadway show tickets. Broadway’s famous 2-for-1 tickets for Broadway Week is this week. If you can slip away and see a show, now’s the time to go. Broadway Week runs from September 2-16, 2019. Can’t make it to Broadway? Check out Off-Broadway’s Week, which runs from September 23-October 6, 2019. Their tickets are also 2-for-1 and go on sale starting September 9.
- Small appliances, fine tableware, linens… really, almost anything that might fall into the category of a nice wedding gift. September sees a fair share of weddings yet but the clearance sales will begin anyway since this month wraps up wedding season. Whether it’s for your own use or to put away for Christmas gifts, birthday gifts or even next year’s wedding season, don’t pass up the opportunity to save.
- Plants and all things garden supplies. Everything from flowers to feed to sprayers will be marked down to clear out summer stock. Now is the time to replace that hose with a huge crack in it. It’s also a great time to begin cultivating an indoor container garden that you can nurture throughout winter.
- Back to School clothing. We’re talking almost all things wearable. Uniform pieces, accessories, jeans, shirts, you name it. All will be marked down as stores seek to sell remaining inventory. They need to make room for more fall fashions and cold-weather gear. Regularly comb the clearance racks both in-store and online. Think and buy ahead for spring. Use Swagbucks.com coupon codes to save even more when shopping online!
- 10. Apple products. Apple’s annual September event(s) are expected to be held the second week of September. Typically, it’s basically one huge event, but there may be more in store this year. That’s because Apple has consistently unveiled their new watch and phones at those events however, this year, the new Apple Arcade and Apple TV+ are expected to be revealed. When exactly Apple will release all the details remains to be seen but I’m expecting a big splash once again this September from Apple.
Has prices of tickets stopped you from buying? Consider this solution.
Community is one of the most fundamental aspects of the human experience. Whether it’s meeting up at a neighborhood potluck, camping with your college friends, or standing in line for a midnight premiere, it is the people surrounding you that make the moments worthwhile. And a great deal of those most memorable experiences take place in a stadium, caught up in the rush of the roar of the crowd, booing the a dirty move from the opposing team, or screaming all the lyrics from your favorite song. Fellowship at its finest.
But the prices of tickets can sometimes prevent us from making those memories and shaping our experiences. But Vivid Seats makes it easier and more affordable than ever before.
Vivid Seats is a marketplace to buy or resell tickets to sporting events, concerts, theatre events, and more, all for extremely reasonable prices. The service has close relationships with many trusted sellers, allowing them to offer tickets from multiple different venues. You can search for tickets by price or your seating preference — column and row.
Not only is Vivid Seats a user-friendly platform to get hot tickets for things like the brand-new Broadway sensation Hadestown, they now offer an in-app loyalty program for their repeat customers. From MVP to Hall of Famer, through Vivid Seats Rewards you can earn from 10% up to 16% credit on all purchases through the App.
Simply go to the App Store or Google Play and download the Vivid Seats app. Fans are automatically enrolled in the Vivid Seats Rewards loyalty program and will enjoy credit on all their purchases as part of Vivid Seats Rewards. Every purchase is backed by a 100% Buyer Guarantee.
SavingsAngel fans have a limited time offer for Vivid Seats: Just enter our special promotional code “ANGEL100”—that’s A-N-G-E-L-100—into either their website or app and receive up to $100 off your order. Give yourself the incredible gift of a shared experience that will last a lifetime.
It's Best to be Ready for the Worst
Death is a tricky subject. It’s uncomfortable. We’d prefer to flirt with the idea of invincibility. We picture slipping away after a long, fulfilling life. And while that’s certainly possible, tragedy can strike at any time. In the long-run, it’s better to be prepared for the eventuality, than to be caught off guard.
There are too many horror stories about assets being reclaimed by the government, or children being left to foster care without a set legal guardian. Dealing with sudden inheritance and custody issues while in the midst of great loss is not something I would wish for anyone.
You cannot prevent death, but you can prepare for it, with Trust & Will Estate & Planning Service. Trust & Will is an Estate Planning service that can secure the future of your family, immediately. Rest in the comfort that whatever tomorrow brings, your family is spoken for.
If all that is preventing you from setting your affairs in order is the excessive legal jargon and time consuming process, Trust & Will is the Estate Planning service for you. Rather than wrestle with the time-consuming process of hiring a lawyer and parsing tangled legal jargon, their platform cuts through the red tape to deliver you results in a mere 10 minutes.
Protecting your family’s peace of mind is worth 10 minutes. The service is accessible in all 50 states for guardianships, wills, and trusts. Guardianships start at $39, Wills at $69, and Trusts at $399, but security is priceless.
For listeners of SavingsAngel, you can take an additional 10% off by going to Trustandwill.com/SavingsAngel or entering promo code SavingsAngel at trustandwill.com. That’s Trustandwill.com/savingsangel or enter the promo code savingsangel at Trustandwill.com for 10% off.
The US Career Institute has a program for you!
Have you thought about changing careers but also want to work from home?
US Career Institute is a study-at-your-own-pace distance learning school with customized learning materials. It is fully accredited by the DEAC, a national crediting agency recognized by the Department of Education. Tuition is affordable with low monthly payment options.
With 26 certificate programs and 7 degrees in Healthcare, Business, Services, Legal, Wellness, and Technology industries, US Career Institute has spent over 35 years dedicated to providing great education.
Once you graduate, US Career Institute continues to be by your side, providing support with resume reviews, mock interviews, and job searching tips. There is a growing demand in the world of Healthcare and, in as little as 4 months, you could be your own boss creating medical reports for doctors.
Visit workfordoctors.com/ANGEL to get free facts, risk-free! Enroll with code ANGEL by Monday 10/7 to get 25%* off tuition. *Exclusions do apply, so visit the website for details. Be your own boss today! That’s workfordoctors.com/ANGEL.
If you’ve loved hearing everything on this podcast, SHARE THIS episode with a friend! People NEED this information. You and I, together, can change lives. I recommend taking a screenshot and posting on FB – or wherever you hang out most.
And as always, if you have any specific questions, or if there is something you’d like to hear me talk about, you can drop me a comment in the podcast feedback, write me on my Facebook group, or call my podcast hotline at 407.205.9250 and leave me a message. I’ll answer your question, write you back, or – with your permission – I might even share your question or story with others on this show.
Have a wonderful week – full of saving more, earning more, and living more abundantly – and thank you for listening!
VividSeats app in the Apple store or Google Play. Enter code ANGEL100 at checkout to get $100 off your next purchase www.Trustandwill.com/SavingsAngel or entering promo code SavingsAngel at trustandwill.com for 10% off http://workfordoctors.com/ANGEL for 25% off tuition
Links mentioned in this podcast: